Perler Mini Beads vs Perler Midi Beads
Perler Mini Beads are here! I've literally been waiting years for these suckers. I'd heard the Hama Minis weren't worth the cost to buy and ship from Europe, so this is the first mini bead I've used. I couldn't wait to review them.
Perler Mini Bead Review: When Ek Success Brands (the manufacturer of Perler Beads) told me they'd send me some mini perler beads to test for free, I had no idea they'd send me all this great stuff! They were generous enough to send me several mini bead trays, mini pegboards, and even some mini teezers to test for free! (Pictured above, full review below)
|Mini Beads Tray: Warm Colors 80-17525|
|Mini Beads Tray: Rainbow Colors 80-17529|
|Mini Beads Tray: Cool Colors 80-17526|
Perler Mini Color Review: I love that the colors are an exact match for their perler midi (standard sized perler beads), and for being a new product, there are quite a few different shades. I REALLY hope they start selling the rest of the shades of mini beads that I get in midi size because I am truly addicted to perler mini beads now!
|Mini Beads Tray: Neutral Colors 80-17527|
Perler Mini Tweezer Tool Review: I've tried other fine/needle tipped tweezers before (and they've been super sharp!), so it was a pleasant surprise to discover that these perler mini tweezer's tips are blunted but work extremely well. They're easy to use and I found myself even picking up and handling two mini perler beads at once (a feat that usually ends in beads flying everywhere when I try that with perler midis).
|Perler Beads Mini Bead Pegboards (4 Pack)|
Perler Mini Bead Pegboard Review: These mini pegboards are so cute and fun to use! Since the beads are so tiny and designing even basic patterns is very intricate work, I loved the fact that I could easily pick the board up and move it closer to see it better without disturbing the beads. I just have to be very careful of course. ;) The mini perler pegboards interlock shockingly well. At times, I was even hard pressed to separate them without disturbing the beads.
|Perler Midi Beads vs Perler Mini Beads with mini pegboard|
|Baby Doctor Who inspired Tardis: Perler Midi Beads vs Perler Mini Beads, Perler Midi Bead Tweeze Tool vs Perler Mini Bead Tweezers|
|Nintendo Inspired Princess Peach in Perler Midi Beads vs Peach and Lakitu in Perler Mini Beads|
|League of Legends inspired Teemo and Panda Teemo in Perler Midi Beads vs Perler Mini Beads (Slight color differences in colors due to limited Perler Mini Beads shades available.)|
|Batman the Animated Series inspired Harley Quinn in Perler Midi Beads vs Perler Mini Beads|
|Doctor Who Inspired 11th Doctor with Mop and Fez in Perler Midi Beads vs 11th Doctor, Tardis, and River Song in Perler Mini Beads. (Slight color differences in colors due to limited Perler Mini Beads shades available.)|
|Guardians of the Galaxy inspired Rocket Raccoon and Baby Groot in Perler Midi Beads vs Perler Mini Beads (Slight color differences in colors due to limited Perler Mini Beads shades available and because I accidentally used Brown instead of Light Brown for mini Baby Groot. Doh!)|
|My Little Pony inspired Rainbow Dash in Perler Midi Beads vs Perler Mini Beads|
(Slight color differences in colors due to limited Perler Mini Beads shades available)
This is not a sponsored post. I received no compensation other than the free product for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
My Review Conclusions:
I stinkin LOVE these Perler Mini Beads!
- I will still be using the midi (normal) sized beads to create my patterns because, while perler minis are super fun, they're a bit harder to see and handle.
- Color and shape are the high quality that I've come to expect from the Perler Brand
- True to size: From what I can tell, the perler mini beads seem to be exactly half the size as the perler midi beads.
- The plastic of the perler mini beads seems a bit softer than the perler midis but it's still strong and flexible.
- Perler mini beads fuse really well together but they were a bit tricky to get the melting temperature right at first. I was surprised that the perler mini beads had a pretty high melting point for their size. I thought for sure the lowest setting would be too hot but it wasn't.
- The perler mini tweezers made the beads easier to handle and worked great without being sharp and dangerous.
- The mini perler pegboards interlocked almost too well and were perfect for laying out and designing bead patterns.
- Fused perler mini beads are stronger and flexible than I'd anticipated! In some cases, they may be even more durable than the perler midi beads.
Psst! Don't miss a post! Sign up for my email list and get your